Ardbeg 8yo For Discussion Single Malt Scotch whisky 700ml
- 2,000.00 Grams
- Calculated at Checkout
Naked Bottle only
• Pale Straw
• Intense with a burst of charcoal, creosote, tar and treacle toffee, with curious hints
of something vegetal, like fennel, celery and green peppers. Once these subside,
there are hints of milk chocolate, aniseed and wood smoke.
• With a little drop of water, some more herbal notes appear, like fennel, coriander
and lavender, along with some characteristic Ardbeg aromatic wood smoke and a
hint of fresh, salty sea spray.
• A distinctively peppery mouthfeel eases into a complex symphony of flavours;
treacle toffee, aniseed, salted caramel chocolate, eucalyptus, menthol and briar
wood, to name but a few.
• The ‘tingling’, peppery sensation on the palate continues, with the sweeter flavours
giving way to more savoury notes like charcoal, smoked bacon, burnt toast and tar.
• The aftertaste is long and lingering, with a suggestion of peppermint and clove.